Tuesday

Greetings from the Pastors' Prayer Summit.

I want to thank all of you who have been praying for me and for this gathering. This has by far been the easiest summit to facilitate that I have ever been apart of. The Lord is leading our time together and the group of about 35 pastors and leaders are exhibiting high levels of trust and vulnerability with the Lord and one another.

I am also hearing here the same kind of theme that was being echoed in Houston--and one I know I will be hearing later this week at MorningStar. Darkness is encroaching--and the call is to be the light of the Lord in the mdst of the darkness. I am hearing this holy tension of a the nation and society being shaken--and the Lord beginning to move powerfully in the midst of the shaking. This is what I was preaching on a couple weeks ago--and will be revisiting this coming Sunday.

On the flight home from Houston I spoke to a delightful woman who is a scientist and who also operates in a prophetic anointing. She described what she is seeing happening as the old equilibrium being disrupted. That leads to a season of inevitable chaos before a new equilibrium is established. I think she is right.

The key, however, is that the exact nature of that new equilibrium is yet to be determined. That, I believe, depends on the prayers and the repentance of the church in the midst of this shaking that is going on. Many of us have been looking to the political arena for this new equilibrium to come forth. But really, the determining arena is the heart and response of god's people. Will we pray? Will we repent? Will we stand for righteousness as salt and lihgt in the midst of corruption and darkness?

These are the questions. We are the answers.

Pastor Rick

0 comments: