Greetings from Houston

Hello sports fans and greetings from Houston!

I arrived safely last night after an uneventful flight. Got to the hotel. Turned on SportsCenter just in time to catch the report that the Cincinnati Reds had defeated the hometown Astros just prior to me landing in town, completing a successful series that saw the Red Stockings take 3 games out of 4. What an awesome omen! What incredibly poor planning on my part. Had I been looking ahead when I made my flight reservations I would have flown in early and taken in the game.

I am here with Gregg Healey, a gifted businessman from Westport who is an elder at St. Paul Lutheran Church in the same town. Gregg is very prophetic and has a call to be a minister for the Kingdom in the marketplace. I have gotten to know him over the past few years in our networking around Connecticut. He helps to facilitate a fellowship of 9 churches in lower Fairfield County whose pastors pray together regularly; the congregations also partner together in worship periodically and in prayer and in strategic outreach in their county. I am looking forward to getting to know Gregg better during these days.

We had lunch today with Jill and Michael O'Brien. Many of you will remember their visit with us at Wellspring last September. Jill and Michael live in Houston and it was good to fellwoship with them. Plans are being set for them to return to Wellspring this coming September and minister to W.O.W. and to the congregation. They send their greetings to all.

This evening the TransformWorld gathering begins. I am looking forward to that.

The Reds travel on to Chicago for a three game set with the Cubs. I am looking for at least 1 out of 3 from that series--the Cubbies are tough this year.

Pray for me as I come to mind--thanks. Pray for the Reds if you have the faith and anointing to do so--no curses please!

1 comments:

Bob said...

Hey Boss we got together this AM and read your bolg and will be praying for you.
keep up the good work
Will you be able to see John Paul while in Tx