I can't believe I have a blog!

This is amazing!

I have probably been on two blogs in my life--maybe three. One about the Cincinnati Reds; another for the Buckeyes; and maybe, maybe one having to do something with ministry. "First things first" is my motto.

Another motto has always been, "I defy progress!" Technology makes me nervous and agitated. Too much of it makes me want to hit somebody or something. So now I am being dragged, kicking and screaming into the 21st century. Thanks alot James!

Anyway, now for something more substantial. As those of you have read who have emailed me in the last couple weeks, all my email to Rick@Wellspring.net will be routed through my administrative assistant, Sandy Scully. We are still sorting out how we will handle this. But I have had to take this step in order to free myself from a couple of hours of email every day. I can no longer give that time to email and still accomplish the priorities the Lord has put before me.

Specifically, I want to inform you of three major events I will be taking part of over the next couple weeks. Next week I travel with a colleague from Westport to TransformWorldHouston. You can go to www.transformworldhouston.com and find out more about this global consultation. This event will involve Christian leaders from all over the world who are fostering a learning community about the transformational agenda of the Kingdom, building linkages across continents, and cross-pollinating the church from the developing world and the west. This is a very exciting endeavor and I am humbled to have been invited to this gathering. I go with great anticipation and expectation. I hope to post some observations and comments while I am there.

When I return (I'll be in church April 26) I will be leading with a couple other colleagues the Connecticut Pastors' Prayer Summit at Camp Connri in Eastford, CT. This will be a 48 hour gathering of pastors seeking the Lord together in worship, prayer and fellowship. These have been great times of renewal, rest and re-visioning in the past. I always look forward to these gatherings.

Then, later that week I will be traveling to MorningStar for another consultation that will focus on how the church is to respond to the rapid and rampant attacks upon religious liberty and Christian values that are coming out of Washington and the state capitols. Here in Connecticut the legislature is poised to pass a bill that would severely limit religious liberties under the guise of instituting same-sex marriage--as mandated by our Supreme Court. Proposed executive orders from the current administration in Washington are threatening to invalidate the conscientious objections of doctors and nurses who choose not to be involved in medical procedures (e.g. abortion and euthanasia). The president's council of faith-based advisers includes someone who has been outspoken in attacking the Catholic Church. Homeland Security has recently issued a report stating that those who have attended the recent "Tea Parties" and those who oppose abortion may be potential threats to the government and possible domestic terrorists. I wish I was making this stuff up! I will have more to share about this when I return from MorningStar.

So--please pray for me over the next couple of weeks. Here are some prayer requests:

--pray for divine appointments and divine encounters while I am at these gatherings.

--pray for me to receive all the Lord has for me during these times.

--pray for wisdom as I help to lead the Prayer Summit.

--pray for safe travel, health and rest, etc. during this time.

--pray for Wes and the rest of the staff while I am away--and for Debbie as well.

Anyway, that is it for now. My first post.

Blessings,

Pastor Rick

2 comments:

Andrew Springman said...

Nice blog!

Amy said...

I will be praying for you Rick-
Welcome to the 21st century!!
Amy