Disaster Averted!

You will all be glad to know that the Village of Amelia was NOT dissolved yesterday by the electorate. That is a big relief because I don't know what we would have done or where we would have gone had that happened. Maybe vaporized into a parallel universe of dissolved villages.

Anyway it has been raining here today so Debbie and I went to several antique stores in a nearby village (one not in danger of being dissolved).

Last night the Reds put a whuppin' on the Florida Marlins, 7-0. It is so amazing around here--nobody gives a big woop about either the Red Sox or the Yankees, let alone the Mets. I am beginning to feel that I am returning to normal. Everyone in New York and New England should be required to sojourn west of the Hudson for at least two weeks a year to discover the real American heartland. Also people are actually friendly here. People talk to you when you go into stores. I had forgotten how that feels. And in the last three weeks I have been "Sir"ed more than in the entire 22 years I have lived in Connecticut.

That is about all the news fit to print for today.

Pastor Rick

2 comments:

KM said...

I distinctly remember a trip to Little Rock 5-6 years ago, where the southern hospitality so overwhelmed you, you had to talk down a sweet little old lady. I think you said, "Please, back off."
At least you said PLEASE!
Good to track your blog...

KM

Cathy said...

Glad you didn't get dissolved or vapourised....