Adios Amelia!?!

That's Ameila, Ohio. Amelia is a relatively old village east of 'Cincinnati where my parents live. After today it may exist no more. Today is primary election day in the area and one of the measures on the ballot is a question to dissolve the village. How do you dissolve a village? Is there some kind of potent anti-village chemical that will be dropped from airplanes? Will it be scrubbed off future maps? Where will my parents' mail go? I might be absorbed into the village landfill if the ordinance passes--never to return; just dissolved.

Honestly this has me so freaked out I can't communicate a whole lot more right now. If the measure is defeated or I survive the absorption I will report more about my time at MorningStar.

In trepidation,
Pastor Rick

2 comments:

kate, your favorite. said...

that's fine. according to grandma, they don't actually live in amelia anyway, so maybe she'll be relieved to avoid future confusion. i wonder if the hooters will go with it...

kimberly said...

why would this be done to a village? is there very little industry in the town? have many people moved out of the town for better employment opportunities? what is/are the cause(s) for this ballot measure? would the village be incorporated into another town or regional county?