Appalachian Festival

Greetings Blue Grass Lovers,

Debbie and I accompanied my mom and dad to the 40th annual Appalachian Festival today at a park along the Ohio River. Blue Grass music, authentic crafts, demonstrations and historic encampments marked the festival. Maybe most of you don't know that my people come from the hills of Kentucky--so I felt right at home.

I bought Debbie a beautiful artisan crafted hammered dulcimer, one of the authentic musical instruments of early America. She is honing her technique right now.

That is about it for today--the Reds are on the televison and they are up 2-0 over the hated Cardinals. Big win last night for the hometown team 6-4. Looking forward to being home late on Monday.

Thanks for your prayers.

Pastor Rick

1 comments:

Andrew Springman said...

I love hammered dulcimer. I once spent an afternoon watching a street player at Quincy Market.