In the clams

Had a new experience today.

Debbie and I were visiting with Bob and Pat Artus who are speending the week at the Connecticut shore. So this afternoon Bob and I went clamming.

Its a full-body experience. The tide was out. We went into the shallow water and started to probe the muck beneath our feet, feeling for clams. When we found them, then it was time to reach down and pull them out of the muck.

It's awesome.

Four dozen clams later we headed back to the cottage with our haul. Bob had two dozen for chowder. I had a couple dozen for clam sauce for pasta.

It was more awesome.

But I'm not giving you my recipe--this blog ain't "Julie and Julia."

RM

1 comments:

Andrew Springman said...

I once clammed for coquinas (butterfly clams) in Portugal. It took scores of clams to make a meal for 6. My Aunt Joan's cook, Solange, made us the best clam dish I've ever had. I was eight years old. Good memory.