A Divine Appointment in the Men's Room

We met in the Men's Room.

I had been wanting to meet Jeff Collins for several days.  Debbie and I first encountered him at a staff meeting at Bethel Church in Redding, CA last autumn while there on sabbatical.  Jeff, like us, was a guest at the staff meeting.  He was brought there explicitly by one of the staff members to share an extraordinary testimony of Kingdom multiplication and supernatural increase.  As Jeff shared about how the Lord literally multiplied the harvest and resources at their ministry base in Cyprus, an incredible presence of awe and reverence invaded the room.  Before he was done telling his narrative, simply and without hype, many in the room were on their knees or faces before the Presence that rode on the re-telling of his story.  We spontaneously moved into adoration and prayer.

I wanted to greet Jeff after the meeting, but he was sitting across the room and was immediately surrounded with others.  I thought to myself, "Maybe later, if the Lord wills it, I will be able to visit with Jeff briefly."

Then I bumped into him in the Men's Room.  I know that women regularly have sorority meetings in the Ladies Room; men don't usually go that route.  But I introduced myself to Jeff and when he learned I was from Connecticut, he got excited.  He told me that he comes to New England every autumn to minister.  I asked him to come to Connecticut and Wellspring--he said "Sure."

The same story we heard in staff meeting Jeff was asked to share with the entire conference that began a few days later.  Once again, God rode into the room on the wings of the testimony.  But this time the flavor was reverence juiced with joy.  As he told how the Lord had multiplied their first attempt of processing a variety of grape that produces what is called "Apostolic Wine," the whole assembly became intoxicated with possibility and faith.  250 liters of juice overflowed the oaken barrel that held 250 liters.  They had to go and get more barrels.  Wow!  Wine from the region that gave the church Apostle Barnabus multiplying as it is poured out is a sign that causes us to be filled with wonder!

Debbie and I later had dinner with Jeff and found him to be incredibly pure-hearted and a man of unusual child-like demeanor and faith.  I got so excited at the prospect of sharing this man with the congregation of Wellspring.

So--all that to say that Jeff is coming this weekend.  Friday and Saturday evenings at 7:00 Jeff will be ministering what God has given him to bring to us.  Then on Sunday morning he will be with us for both services.

Make plans to be here--you will be blessed and stretched by this child-like but powerful servant of the Lord.

Pastor Rick

0 comments: