Hope for 2012

As we launch our ministry and life together into the New Year our banner verse for 2012 comes from Romans 15.13: May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.

For a long time it has been our practice to seek the Lord for a verse to claim and believe and march under for the year. This year the focus is upon hope.

Why hope?

Because we need it to navigate life in this fallen and at-times very difficult world. I know that for myself hope has become one of life's most valuable commodities. When I am overflowing with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit I can 'leap tall buildings in a single bound.' Without it, I can be defeated by a crack in the sidewalk.

Over the next two Sundays I will be focusing upon hope in the morning teaching times. We also have a couple surprises to unveil on these two mornings that speak to this theme of hope.

So . . . I hope you will be here these next two weeks as we set the compass to navigate by hope for 2012.

Blessings, Pastor Rick

P. S. Remember that we have a week of consecration planned for January 15-22. On each of those nights we will be gathering to seek the Lord in worship and prayer. The first seven of those evenings, we will be gathering at 7:00 PM with folks from other area congregations--worship teams from the various churches will be leading us each night. On the evening of the 22nd the Wellspring family will gather for our annual covenant renewal service.

1 comments:

Carl Ericksen said...

Awesome verse. I call it the Steve Backlund verse only because it keeps resonating in me since their visits to Wellspring. I find I need this reminder almost daily. I'll checkout the message online. Thanks for sharing.