Surprise Visit

A few minutes past nine on Monday morning I heard a polite knock on my door.

"Come on in."

Miss Dawn Fischer peeked in and asked if she and her young charges from the midweek Welldiggers class of pre-schoolers could come in and pray for me. Anytime Miss Dawn offers to have the children pray for me I am sitting on ready.

Those of you who don't know about Miss Dawn probably don't have young children. She has a passion for children and for the Kingdom of God. She has a unique and effective way of teaching pre-schoolers the ways of the Spirit. They learn how to worship God freely and simply, how to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit, and how to pray in faith in Jesus' name. They also learn many other things from the Bible that will help form their spirits as followers of the Lord. We are so fortunate to have Miss Dawn as part of our fellowship! The world will be different because of her ministry to these children.

So Miss Dawn and the children drew around me. She explained that they were doing a prayer walk through the church on the way to their classroom. "How could they pray for me? What were my main duties as pastor?" I told them my main job was to study God's Word and listen to Him so that I could teach and lead the people.

Then they began to pray for me. Miss Dawn asked them to listen in their hearts to the Holy Spirit. One had a picture of a key (biblically a symbol of authority), and another had a picture of a walking stick, a big blue one (biblically the staff speaks of leadership). The children then began to pray for the Lord to release the things they had seen and for the requests I had made.

"In Jesus' name, Amen!" With that, Miss Dawn led the children out with a song. They left me with a smile in my heart; more importantly those simple prayers left their impression in heaven.

Thank you children and thank you Miss Dawn for your surprise visit!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is such a blessing, thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I am feeling very confident in my walk with Christ thru Wellspring how inspiring the little ones can be - to all of us!

kimberly said...

I absolutely am in awe of how God, the maker of all humankind and the entire universe, can speak through the youngest of us. He is not and never will be limited - He is awesome indeed! Thank you Miss Dawn for your tremendous gift to Wellspring and to the many children who benefit from your leadership and teaching.

Anonymous said...

I wish Miss Dawn would bring her little children of God to ALL of our workplaces to pray for ALL of us! What a blessing that would be - and I wonder how many lives and workday decisions would change because of it???

Roseann said...

WOW! What an example these young ones are for the rest of the body of Christ!

Irrael said...

That's priceless ;what a powerful example of young prayer warriors. That skill was in every school in USA at on time ;then it became moment of silence. Where it was eliminated as anything to do with God has been removed as ten commandment's at court houses being the most recent loss I can remember. This country is founded on God . As the foundation is removed how will our country Stand?

Israel said...

I wish my kids where able to fall under the guidence of such a nobel christian woman.

Heather said...

Our Wed. morning life group has also received two visits from Miss Dawns class. We are a large group but they were not intimidated and prayed out loud for us. These kids are a true blessing to our church and Miss Dawns work with them is so powerful !!